Sunday, January 23, 2011

Making EVERYday a Sunday

Sundays seem to be my favorite days. It is the only day (most of the time) when Peter and I both have the day off. I love spending Sundays with him. We usually go to church, find somewhere to walk around and eat, get ready for our weeks and just hang out together.

I always feel good on Sundays, church always boosts my mood and leaves me feeling refreshed and ready for the week. But then, Monday comes ... and that feeling completely disappears. I get this feeling in the pit of my stomach and I feel so down and depressed. It's like this huge let down that the weekend is over and it's back to reality. No more one on one time with Peter, no more not having to do anything at any certain time. It's all, do this..do that..go there..get that..do it all..don't stop..and it's like that for the next 5 days.

I don't know why it is so difficult for me to transition back to work mode after only 2 days...but it has always been this way for me..with school, jobs, vacations...anything really. I hate it, I don't like feeling like this..so sad.
I just want so bad to be okay going back to work, loving the idea of starting my week and seeing those little faces I get to see everyday. But for whatever reason..it isn't that easy for me. I know their is some stuff going on that plays a role in why it is so difficult for me and I am really hoping that those things get better. I am just so tired of not feeling like I am where I am supposed to be. I want to be at home in my job and I am just waiting for that feeling to kick in.

Lord, this week I pray for a sense of peace to overflow inside of me...that even though I may not feel completely at home in my job at this very moment, that I would be able to oversee the difficulties and enjoy my time there each hour and each day. I pray that these sad feelings would flee from inside me and that they would become feelings of happiness and confidence. I ask that I would be stronger and more comfortable in my place of work and not be so affected by other personalities. I need you God, I can't change all of this on my own, I am not strong enough unless I have you with me. Please, Lord, help me to see the beauty in everyday so that I can have that Sunday feeling all the days of the week.

This week I am going to work on remembering God throughout the week. He gives me strength and I can't keep leaving him at the end of every Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for you this week. Weekdays are hard for me too. When Lane's home I feel good and SANE. And then Monday comes and most of the time I try and "make it through" the week. Then the weekend comes and I'm soo happy and relaxed again. I know how you feel. But I'll be praying that you have peace this week. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Erin. I really appreciate you always encouraging me. We really do need to hangout because it has been way too long and running doesn't count! :) it's crazy to me that you get the same way during the week because I always think about the day I can be a stay at home mom and how much happier I will be! I guess we all really do struggle with the day to day challenges that life brings us. I hope you have a wonderful week and I hope that you are in my week this week! Love you.

    ReplyDelete